TINYcon’s Code of Conduct
The Short Version:
TINYcon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion (or lack thereof).
We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form or at any conference venue, including certification, parties, Dine Arounds, and Twitter and other online media. TINYcon participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
The Full Version:
First: Do you need help now?
Contact TINYcon’s Code of Conduct team by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texting the number provided in our emails/opening slides
- Speaking with a TINYcon staffer in person (we’ll be wearing orange T-shirts.)
TINYpulse asks that everyone at TINYcon, from staff to attendees:
- Exercise consideration and respect in speech and actions
- Be mindful of surroundings and fellow participants
- Flag unacceptable behavior (if you see something, please say something).
TINYcon staff will prioritize safety over comfort. Conference participants violating these expectations and the following policies may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment is unacceptable within our community. TINYcon’s definition of harassment includes:
- Demeaning remarks related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion (or lack thereof)
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person)
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Inappropriate photography or recording
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Speakers, attendees, staff, and sponsors are subject to the anti-harassment policy. The anti-harassment policy applies to any conference venue, including certification, parties, Dine Arounds, and Twitter and other online media.
No weapons are allowed at the conference venues. This includes but is not limited to: explosives (including fireworks), guns, and large blades, as well as any other item designed for the purpose of causing injury or harm to others.
Anyone seen in possession of one of these items will be asked to leave immediately, and will only be allowed to return without the weapon.
Attendees are expected to comply with all state and local laws on this matter.
Alert TINYcon staff if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
You can send an email to email@example.com, text the number provided in our emails/opening slides, or contact a TINYcon staffer in person (we’ll be wearing orange T-shirts).
Upon the participant’s request, conference staff will be happy to help provide escorts, contact venue security or local law enforcement, or otherwise ensure their safety for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
This code of conduct was adapted on top of work from the Citizen Code of Conduct, Geek Feminism wiki, Affect Conference, and Conference Code of Conduct. It is distributed under a Creative Commons SA license.
Last revision: July 19, 2018